We have many exciting opportunities for anyone who would like to make a real difference in someone's life. We are always looking for passionate and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Our volunteers make a difference in so many different ways. The provision of ongoing emotional and practical support for a parent with a learning disability should never be underestimated.
From advocating for a parent in meetings, making sure they have a voice, and understand all the information being shared to supporting a parent who has experienced the difficult trauma of losing their children, and are at risk of being left to cope on their own.
By having a volunteer, parents have a much better chance at being able to navigate difficult processes about their children and treated fairly throughout.
What will you gain from volunteering with us?
- Training, supervision & development.
- A chance to step out of your comfort zone.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Insightful experience within a social care setting.
- Opportunity to make a real difference to someone’s life.
- Teamwork skills with an amazing team!
- Planning & organization
- Problem Solving
- Positive attributes